qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AMQP 1.0
Date Fri, 20 Mar 2009 13:53:13 GMT
On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 1:13 PM, Rafael Schloming <rafaels@redhat.com> wrote:

> My employer (Red Hat) has a growing number of both internal users and
> customers that are using Qpid with heterogeneous applications implemented in
> 2 or 3 different languages. This makes them much more Qpid centric than JMS
> centric, and I think this is certainly an important class of user that we
> must consider going forward. As of now though I don't see there being any
> huge technical issues in making both JMS centric and Qpid centric users
> happy.

Oh, totally. Heterogenous environments are clearly an important use
case, and definitely one of the more interesting ones.

I don't see JMS as being 'legacy' API really, and I really don't see
much point in trying to re-invent the wheel for AMQP. JMS is
imperfect, but it's quite well known and we'd have to offer it anyway.

> It's definitely on our roadmap to build a lightweight C client suitable for
> SWIG. We're at the limit of what we can support in terms of maintenance with
> native clients in C++, Java, python, ruby, and .net, so we're definitely

+1

- Aidan (who never quite got the (hang (of (lisp)))
http://qpid.apache.org

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org