qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Aidan Skinner <aidan.skin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Gsoc 2009] regarding qpid-web-gui
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2009 10:11:30 GMT
On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 7:51 PM, Harsha Halgaswatta
<harsha.halgaswatta@gmail.com> wrote:

>  I guess you remember me ,because of  some academic stuff i was out of touch
> with you for a while. i am really interested in qpid-web-gui as some of the

Hi Harsha, glad to see you back! :)

> methodologies and technologies of Qpid are around me. We developed an  UI
> for managing Apache Synapse - Esper mediator as one of the requirements of
> our final year project [1] . We used  web services in case of accessing the
> mediator backend stuff over HTTP.Upon our UI we managed processes (Load
> balancing , mediator Queries , etc.) of mediator instances effectively .
>
>    I would be glad to know whether  Qpid web -gui  is sort of similar to
> what i have mentioned above.Using web service i will mange the Java broker
> stuff with compatible embedded management console. Would you mind giving me
> more details on this.

It definately sounds like you're on the right track.

As Carl pointed out, there's already a web gui that uses the QMF
management stuff to talk to the C++ broker (I'm not sure where that
lives, I presume it's out of tree?). That won't work for the Java
broker since it doesn't implement QMF - there's another GSoC project
idea to add that. The existing eclipse management console and the
qpid-cli tool are also good places to look.

For the Java broker I would expect it to use the JMX interface we
expose, and ideally be able to communicate with both local and remote
brokers. Having something useful that's ready out of the box would be
really helpful though.

- Aidan

http://qpid.apache.org

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org