qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r760305 - in /qpid/trunk/qpid/java/client/src/test/java/org/apache/qpid/test/unit/jndi: ./ JNDIPropertyFileTest.java JNDITest.properties
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 08:36:55 GMT
On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 4:40 AM,  <rajith@apache.org> wrote:

> +    public void testQueueNamesWithTrailingSpaces() throws Exception
> +    {
> +        Queue queue = (Queue)ctx.lookup("QueueNameWithSpace");
> +        assertEquals("QueueNameWithSpace",queue.getQueueName());
> +    }

I missed the other commit with the actual calls to trim(), I'm not
sure this is the correct way to handle this case. The AMQP spec says:
"Queue names must have a length of between 1 and 255 characters
inclusive, must start with a digit, letter or underscores ('_')
character, and must be otherwise encoded in UTF-8." (AMQP 0-10, p226).

Your change adds an additional implementation rule that you cannot
have trailing spaces. Messages sent to 'ABC_' 'ABC__' and 'ABC' (s/_/
/g) all end up at the same place, and I'm really not sure that's
right.

- Aidan
http://qpid.apache.org

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org