qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r760305 - in /qpid/trunk/qpid/java/client/src/test/java/org/apache/qpid/test/unit/jndi: ./ JNDIPropertyFileTest.java JNDITest.properties
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 11:11:47 GMT
On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 10:19 AM, Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com> wrote:

> If there is a desire to allow names with trailing spaces to be defined in
> the properties file in my view that should require some more explicit
> notation e.g. quotes around the name.

That's fair. I'm not sure how to enable people to do this though.

More post-processing to something that's fairly standard seems odd and
un-Javay, so things like quotes and escape strings seems unlikely to
work. Having flags to toggle how that's processed also seems bad.

Perhaps the best way is to always trim and if you need trailing spaces
you need to create them some other way. That seems a little lame, but
it's quite a niche concern and trimming is probably what 8 out of 10
cats prefer.

- Aidan
http://qpid.apache.org

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org