qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Etienne Antoniutti Di Muro <etienne.antoniu...@adaptivebytes.com>
Subject Re: want to contribute ;)
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2009 15:23:07 GMT
Hi everybody,
sorry for delay, but as I am switching jobs, I can enjoy some much
needed free time.
I just took 2 weeks off, and I'll be on vacation again on Easter break :D:D

Thank you all, for the welcome!

Having read all the discussion, I have to say that I'd rather build my karma
starting with the clustering requirements analysis and discussion (I
know I'll be much more comfortable there),
and meanwhile getting acquainted with the codebase.
I do not really think a deep understanding of the current broker code
is really necessary at first.
Moreover I see the clustering thing as an independent aspect with
respect to the broker,
so there's no need for me to jump into the coding stuff right away.

Having said so, some starter ideas about clustering, as follow:
if the C++ broker comes with a pretty complete clustering solution,
the idea of "borrowing" something
from there could be useful....otherwise should we implement from
scratch a NEW virtual synchrony solution ?! (I like virtual synchrony,
Alan ;) ) -- I would not underestimate the burden of such an
implementation.
However this depends on the modularity of the existing C++ clustering
and the freedom we have to organically integrate
with it.I am in sync with Aidan on this topic.

So should we arrange the white board for discussion, then ? With JIRA ?
http://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/clusteringha.html can be our starting point.

Dave, is *REALLY* good to hear from you!! The Arjuna alumni thing is
fun, who is missing so far?

Arnaud.....well, thanks!

Cheers!
Etienne