qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Etienne Antoniutti Di Muro <etienne.antoniu...@adaptivebytes.com>
Subject Java broker clustering (was: RE: want to contribute ;) )
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2009 09:19:43 GMT
Hello,

having a mixed java - C++ implementation leads to the following
(abridged version):

pros:
- ease of maintenance;
- compactness and organic architecture of the project,

cons:
- less portability;
- building complexity and distribution;

However these choices can be postponed to the design stage as for now we
need to define basic clustering requirements.

As food for thought, I'd suggest:

- clustering for dependability: pretty obvious;
- clustering and performance:  which trade-offs ?
- clustering adaptability: at which level ?
- adaptability policies: none /  some / mid - smart / "zero policy
(a.k.a ad hoc control theory)" / autonomic ?

Can we start a whiteboard discussion on this ?

Cheers,
Etienne