qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Rajith Attapattu <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Discrepancies: C++ Messaging API, Python Messaging API
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 18:42:15 GMT
In the past we did have irc/party chats where the outcomes were posted
on the list.
So I am not saying not to do it, but rather wanted to point out that
ASF generally encourages projects to conduct as much business as
possible using mailing lists.

Rajith

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 2:10 PM, Jonathan Robie
<jonathan.robie@redhat.com> wrote:
> I certainly agree that any proposed changes should be sent to the mailing
> list before changing code. And I'll be paying attention to any responses
> here on the list.
>
> If I understand Rajith, he suggests that having a meeting is bad, even if
> the result of the meeting is to create a proposal to be reviewed on list.
> Rajith - do I misunderstand your intent? All - is a meeting to create a
> proposal for aligning these APIs a good idea, or should it all be done
> on-list?
>
> Jonathan
>
> Rajith Attapattu wrote:
>>
>> I also agree that a discussion on dev and user lists on $subject is a good
>> idea.
>> Synchronous communication is generally frowned upon by the ASF.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Rajith

>>> Please discuss on this list (and probably the user list) before actually
>>> making any API changes.

>>> Project:      http://qpid.apache.org
>>> Use/Interact: mailto:dev-subscribe@qpid.apache.org

> Project:      http://qpid.apache.org