qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Rajith Attapattu <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Why message acks are not allowed after failover when using CLIENT_ACK mode
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2009 18:37:57 GMT
Hi All,

Looking at the code I see that if a session is using CLIENT_ACK it
will not allow to ack any messages after failover.
Since we don't support full session resume it is understandable that
messages delievered prior to failover shouldn't be allowed to ack
after failover.

But at the least new messages received after the failover should be
allowed to ack.
Otherwise there is no point doing failover for a session that uses
CLIENT_ACK and we should clearly state so in our documentation.

Regards,

Rajith Attapattu
Red Hat
http://rajith.2rlabs.com/