qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [c++]: Sketch of a high-level, protocol independent API
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2009 18:55:12 GMT
On Wed, 2009-04-15 at 15:37 +0100, Gordon Sim wrote:

> I don't see view this work as replacing the existing API. I think it is
> simply at a higher level of abstraction.

I see a role for a 'mid-level' API that provides full access to what the
protocol can do, without being tied to the protocol details.

> The 0-10 specific API will still be supported and can I think be
> considered stable. The initial implementation of the higher level API I
> sketched out uses the 0-10 specific API that we have almost without change.

So are you thinking we'll implement the 0-10 API over the 1.0 protocol?
I'd rather we get a more "neutral" API that's close enough to cover
everything the protocol can do, but not tied to individual protocol
commands.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org