qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Structure of gen/qmf/org...
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2009 16:54:55 GMT
Joshua Kramer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I apologize if this is a basic question, but where can I find
> documentation on how generate.sh works?
>
> For example: if I edit this file:
>
> qpid/cpp/src/qpid/acl/Acl.cpp
>
> ...the changes do not propagate to its counterpart,
>
> qpid/cpp/gen/qmf/org/apache/qpid/acl/Acl.cpp
>
> Compiler errors will result from errors in the main file, but I see
> that the compiler is also compiling the file in gen/qmf... and the
> debugger loads source from gen/qmf.  Is my build broken (should it be
> copying the file from the main location to gen/qmf...)?
>
> Thanks,
> -Josh

Josh,

The generated file (qpid/cpp/gen/qmf/org/apache/qpid/acl/Acl.cpp) is
created by qmf-gen (in qpid/cpp/managementgen/...) and its source file
is qpid/cpp/src/qpid/acl/management-schema.xml.

The generated Acl.cpp is unrelated to the other source file of the same
name.

-Ted

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org