qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Bogus debug information?
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2009 12:04:10 GMT
Joshua Kramer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In order to solve this problem, I tried adjusting the order of
> parameters. Specifically, I put the 'const framing::FieldTable
> &arguments' as the first parameter to the authorise() methods.
>
> Still no dice - the function call is jumping to the incorrect authorise.
>
> What is the best way to pass the 'arguments' to the authorise methods?
> If needed I will consider modifying all calls to authorise, but I
> don't think that's the best way to go about this.
>
> Thanks,
> -Josh
>
> On Fri, 10 Apr 2009, Joshua Kramer wrote:
>
>> Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 13:04:22 -0400 (EDT)
>> From: Joshua Kramer <josh@globalherald.net>
>> To: dev@qpid.apache.org
>> Subject: Bogus debug information?
>>

>> Hello,
>>
>> Has anyone run into a circumstance where gcc consistently generates
>> bogus debug information - or, ddd can't read a source file correctly?
>>
>> I am debugging some additions I made to the ACL framework. There are
>> two problems I am having:
>>
>> 1. I overloaded the Acl::authorise method, and the method call is not
>> dispatching to the correct instance. Previously there were two
>> instances of Acl::authorise, and I overloaded each by creating a
>> Framing::FieldTable & argument directly before the last argument. It
>> appears to still be using the old methods even though the call I step
>> out of clearly has the FieldTable argument.

The fieldtable & the args use the same signature when the last param is
null, thus the in-ability to call your overloaded function.

I am not sure why you need the arguments fieldtable.... It can be added
to the params for the fields that you want to match on. see how I build
them in unbind(). If the param you want does not have a name then it
will need to be named in AclModule.h

regards
Carl.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org