qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mock/TestableObjects in the JUnit tests
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 13:38:22 GMT
On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 2:25 PM, Robert Godfrey <rob.j.godfrey@gmail.com> wrote:

> In general I think we need test to interfaces rather than
> implementations.  Of course this requires us to clearly define the
> public interfaces of classes.

+gajillions

> The fact that we can't unit test individual classes in isolation would
> seem to point to errors in our design more than anything else.

Oh, there are definitely much deeper issues with that that we should solve.

I think it's potentially worth doing this while we fix those though,
since we're not going to get to happy clean interface land in one
giant leap (forward).

- Aidan
--
Apache Qpid - Give me convenience or give me death
http://qpid.apache.org

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org