qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Question about exporting qmf-gen-generated symbols
Date Tue, 05 May 2009 22:34:48 GMT
On Tue, 2009-05-05 at 18:01 -0400, Steve Huston wrote:
> I've been working on building the ACL plugin on Windows. The plugin
> links against the broker library to pick up the qmf-gen-generated
> ACL-related classes/events. This is failing on Windows because the
> qmf-gen stuff isn't inserting export directives.
>
> Much more than just the ACL stuff gets generated with the same
> templates, so I'm wondering if there's a better way to fix the build
> than by exporting lots of things that aren't needed.
>
> One idea I had was to add a property to the xml file that says "export
> this". Is this a sane thing to do? Is the xml file's schema defined as
> an industry format that's not changeable?
>
> Any other ideas? It won't really hurt anything to export all the
> symbols (that's effectively what's done on Linux/gcc), but seems like
> killing a fly with a bazooka.

I think that probably the correct way to do this is for the broker to
export some object via something like getBlah() which exposes the
managment interface used by the acl plugin.

I think it's a better architecture for a plugin to request it's target
for more or less all things it needs to plug into.

I'm not sure if the generated header are set up to make this possible or
not so I can't say if this is actually feasible in the short term
though.

Andrew

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org