qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Are threadRead/WriteTotal/Count used in the C++ broker?
Date Thu, 21 May 2009 18:13:01 GMT
On Thu, 2009-05-21 at 12:51 -0400, Steve Huston wrote:
> Question... The C++ broker maintains I/O counts in all the I/O
> processing threads: read/write total/count. Are these ever used
> anywhere? I search the whole cpp directory and couldn't find anything.

They certainly were used in the past to avoid large disparities in time
spent in reading and writing. I thought they were still used. They do
still have some residual debugging use, so I'd prefer to leave them for
the moment, unless there is a compelling reason to remove them.

Of course the windows implementation doesn't need to keep these counts
if you feel it isn't of any use over there.

Andrew

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org