qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject [c++] warning: big header file move coming up...
Date Wed, 06 May 2009 14:58:58 GMT
In order to be able to do source and/or binary compatible releases we need to
clearly define the public API that a users compiler can see. Changes to that API
then need to be done more thoughtfully as they may break compatibility.

The attached file "allincludes"  lists our current public header files as far as
I can tell. This list was generated by preprocessing all the examples and the
tests listed in atttached file  "api_testprogs"

Tomorrow I'm planning to:
  - move the non-generated public .h files to a new cpp/include directory
  - update the code generator to generate public files to cpp/include/gen.
  - update makefiles to build examples and aforementioned tests using only
public headers.

Please shout if you have any concerns, or if you want to suggest changes to the
set of public API headers.

Ted: is there anything else I should do regarding QMF? Can we get it built using
only public headers?