qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Aidan Skinner <aidan.skin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal for a new JMS Destination configuration
Date Fri, 08 May 2009 10:00:54 GMT
On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 10:21 AM, Robert Godfrey <rob.j.godfrey@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think we need clarity about whether we are defining a format for
> *JMSDestination* or for some other AMQP abstraction of
> consumer/producer/link.

I was under the impression it was the former, and wasn't trying to  be
a one-stop-solution for a 1-0 URL. If it's the latter (or clearly
intended to be a portable, reasonably similar stepping stone towards
that), then yeah, sticking it all on one line and writing a parser
does become Worth It(tm).

I'd probably want to be able to split it *as well*, there's nothing
worse than "oh, I need to change all the settings of fooOpt in this
tree but it's a bloody string blob".

[...]

> If we were discussing the configuration for AMQP 1-0 style links then
> I would completely agree that having everything on the one line would
> make sense...

It seems likely that we need some way of JMSDestination -> AMQP link
mapping, but that seems like a Hard Problem to solve for the given
reasons. It also seems like the sort of thing that we'd have to take
to the AMQP JMS SIG and standardise there before it would really be
widely useful.

Worth doing, but I thought this was about the JMSDestination side of things.

- Aidan
--
Apache Qpid - Give me convenience or give me death
http://qpid.apache.org

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org