qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Reverted QPID-1879 work for now
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2009 14:03:55 GMT
The changes I made for QPID-1879 were causing the cluster code to fail
erratically, so I've reverted nearly all of them.

One change that I have left in is a change to the linkage of the
cluster_test unit test program. This change seems to cause a test
failure:

../../../qpid-git/cpp/src/tests/cluster_test.cpp(716): error in
"queueDurabilityPropagationToNewbie": check durable_query.getDurable()
== true failed [0 != 1]

I'm so puzzled that adding force linking shared libraries that should
not be linked and get loaded anyway can cause this sort of problem that
I've left that change there for the moment as I think it might actually
indicate a real issue that might have been hidden by the strange linkage
before.

I plan to work on QPID-1879 a bit more and see if I can get it to work
without disturbing the cluster code, but it seems to me that my failure
to get this working tells us that our client side code is on the way to
being unmaintainable and we need to very seriously think about that. [Of
course it might really say that I've missed something too!]

Andrew

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org