qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Kearney <bkear...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Python Console Tutorial Question ?
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2009 13:44:07 GMT
makkalot wrote:
> Hi i'm writing a rpc application that calls some remote methods on remote
> machines and decided to use qpid. I followed the console tutorial [1] and got
> very excited about qpid. In tutorial it shows how can we reach some remote
> objects that bind on some remote queues. But there is no mention about how to
> publish those objects on these queues. For example i have a class:
>
> class A:
>
> 	def a():
> 		pass
>
> so how can i publish that class with its methods so i can reach and manage it
> remotely ? Thanks in advance....
>
> [1]http://qpid.apache.org/qmf-python-console-tutorial.html

You need to create an agent on the server side which publishes the class
to the bus. Right now there is a C++ agent, and Ted is (I believe) in
the process of checking in agent code which can be wrapped to expose
agents in Java, Ruby, and Python. Ted.. is that correct?

-- bk

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org