qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Kearney <bkear...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [QPID-1754] QMF Agent bin packaging
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2009 11:29:43 GMT
Martin Ritchie wrote:
> Hi Ted & Bryan,
>
> Great to see the QMF addition on the Java side.
>
> I was wondering how you run it? There is no bin directory in the
> package (which causes 'ant release-bin' to fail) but the build.xml has
> a new property module.main which is your Main class.
>
> Do you have some additional tooling that you use to run the Java QMF Agent?
>
> Would be good to ensure that we sort out the packaging now rather than
> when we are trying to perform the 0.6 release as a number of
> components failed to be packaged for 0.5 as there was not time to sort
> it out.
>
> I know we had the discussion about where to put the code, I had
> thought that the consensus was to keep the directory structure as it
> is which I took to mean putting the new Qpid Management Agent in the
> management directory?
>
> Regards
>
> Martin

Martin:

I have been assuming it would be embedded in an IOC container. I have
some instructions for JBoss here:

http://kearneyville.com/2009/06/12/accessing-jboss-session-beans-from-python-using-qmf/

which I would be willing to turn into wiki doco if you like. My hope is
to get the jboss deployer in "real soon" which will bring up another
packaging discussion.. where to put container specific code?

I will open a bug and submit a patch about moving the agent into
management. Is that the preferred directory name?

-- bk

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org