qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Kearney <bkear...@redhat.com>
Subject RFC: Maven and the Java Build
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2009 14:28:34 GMT
I am looking for the comments from the Java developers. I have been
working on some QMF bits, and I am interested in having maven artifacts
for consuming the clients bits. In speaking with some of the developers,
there is a strong desire to not move the build system to maven given the
issues with the tool, and the impact it would have on build system.

So.. I would like to solicit thoughts from folks.

1) Do you have a desire/need for maven artifacts for the Java bits? If
so, which java bits?
2) Have you seen good examples of how to manage pom files as well as
dependencies in the ant or standard build system.

One bug was put forward with an attempt to do this:

but this suffers from being very non-DRY. Dependencies are done both in
the pom file and the build.deps file. My hope is that answers to (2) can
provide a better way to resolve this issue.

Thanks!

-- bk

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org