qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Aidan Skinner <aidan.skin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE RESULTS] Qpid C++ 0.5 signed binaries installer for Windows
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 18:51:03 GMT
On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 2:06 PM, Steve Huston<shuston@riverace.com> wrote:

> Ok, I copied it to ~shuston on people.apache.org but don't have rights
> to copy it to /www/www/apache.org/dist/qpid/0.5 - Martin does... Can
> you copy qpidc-0.5.msi and qpidc-0.5.msi.asc (qpidc-0.5.msi.sha1 is
> there too)?

We should really have everything under there be group writable.
Martin, can you chmod g+w /www/www/apache.org/dist/qpid/0.5 and KEYS
please? Rafi, could you do the same for M4?

(We might want to set a mask or something, the move-to-dist process is
still pretty manual).

I've put it in 0.5-windows for just now, so it's at least going to be
available somewhere.

>> I'm not sure 0.5 is the right place to put it, as it wasn't part of
>> the origional bits and messing with SHA1SUM seems undignified to say
>> the least.
>
> I see your point, but doesn't that argue for all artifacts being
> produced at once, even the ones that are built on different platforms?

Oh, definitely. The more integrated the build (and test) process the better.
I think having this is awesome btw. :)

> The original concensus on the list was to host the installer on
> qpid.apache.org, and the VOTE thread was 4-0 in favor of these bits -
> I'd like to get this into the hands of developers soon, so would like
> whatever direction I need to get it there.

qpid.apache.org is really just a confluence export, putting it on
www.apache.org/dist get's onto the mirrors[1] etc. if you go to
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/editpage.action?pageId=34042
you can add any instructions for downloading and using it you need to
to qpid.apache.org/download.html

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, all I've done is checked the
signature and the hash.

- Aidan (wow, we really need to document this better)

[1] cwiki's ok for hosting design documents and stuff but it's not
really suitable for hosting public things.

--
Apache Qpid - Give me convenience or give me death
http://qpid.apache.org

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org