qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Aidan Skinner <aidan.skin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSoC] Queue MBean viewMessages + viewMessageContent operations
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2009 09:27:35 GMT
On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 8:07 PM, Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemmell@gmail.com>wrote:

> That's what I was thinking after I realised how it was actually doing
> things, though you might struggle to understand that from my first email as
> I noticed that there are a few key words missing while I was deleting it to
> send this...(which took a while on the phone:p)

Given that there isn't, AFAIK, any inherent limitation in the broker on max
queue size I'm a little hesitant to pass up this opportunity to fix it
properly and use Long.

Other bits of the API are equally short sighted, but at the end of the day
SimpleQueueEntryList is your classic linked list which can scale beyond
2^31.

- Aidan