qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Aidan Skinner <aidan.skin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSoC] JMX MC UI progress update / initial implementation work / request for thoughts
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2009 09:34:13 GMT
On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 12:19 PM, Robbie Gemmell
<robbie.gemmell@gmail.com>wrote:

> I have put up my progress in in a branch at /branches/jmx_mc_gsoc09 (
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/branches/jmx_mc_gsoc09). This
> includes
> initial versions for some areas of the new UI, namely: UserMangement,
> LoggingManagement, and the view for individual Queue's.

Nice. :)

There is still some layout work to do on it, and as yet the result of
> operations is not explicitly reported (but in several cases, is immediately
> visible), mainly because i havent decided on the format: the traditional
> info/error dialog with ok button works, but a status bar report area might
> be a less intrusive/clicky solution.

I like the status bar approach and visible updates. I'd only raise a
dialouge if there's been an error. It's probably worth documenting UI
conventions as you go so that it remains consistent.

- Aidan