qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: make distcheck
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 16:22:03 GMT
Ján Sáreník wrote:
>   Hi there!
>
> Just an update, since two patches - one by aconway (789726),
> the other (and equally important) by tross (789773) - I can
> already make distcheck when bootstrapping using last autotools
> on non-RHEL Linux distribution. Thanks for fixing that!
>
> Not wanting to raise following much, but I have noticed errors
> when I was trying to 'make -j4 distcheck', so my successful
> distchecks were merely one-job-at-a-time. If there is any
> interest, get back to me and I can prepare and send the logs.
>
>   Best regards, Jasan

I do parallel make and make check all the time so I believe those two work OK,
the problem must be in the dist part. I suspect you're seeing an issue with
libtool's zany re-linking scheme. libtool --install will relink a library, if
this happens at the same time as another library or executable is trying to link
with the library then things go bad.

It's probably fixable but I doubt I'll get to it any time soon, especially as
there's work underway to move to cmake and ditch the autohell toolset.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org