qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Rafael Schloming <rafa...@redhat.com>
Subject build changes and pom generation
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2009 20:20:57 GMT
I've attached a patch that generates poms. It uses a script that takes
as input the library dependencies for a given module, and outputs a pom
file for the module. The script works by scanning a directory containing
poms for maven metadata on the dependencies, and uses this metadata to
build a pom for the module.

The patch also modifies the build system to place disposable build
output underneath build/scratch. This is really unrelated to the pom
change, however it was something we discussed doing a while back and
staring at all the crud in the build dir as I was testing the pom patch
provided some motivation for me to actually make the change.

The patch is fairly non-invasive, but I figured I'd give a heads up as
it changes the location of the .class files underneath the build dir,
and this may end up breaking certain dev environments.

Please give me a shout if there are any issues or objections, otherwise
I'll commit this patch tomorrow.

--Rafael