qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Rafael Schloming <rafa...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r791954 - /qpid/trunk/qpid/java/systests/src/main/java/org/apache/qpid/test/utils/FailoverBaseCase.java
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 09:43:21 GMT
Martin Ritchie wrote:
> 2009/7/8 Rafael Schloming <rafaels@redhat.com>:
>> Aidan Skinner wrote:

>>> Uh, it is? They passed fine for me. What problem were you seeing?
>> The cleanBroker() ends up deleting the data directory out from underneath
>> the running broker causing it to die.
>>
>> I suspect the problem you're seeing with QPID-1935 is actually a real broker
>> bug where it's failing to update the persistent store when messages are
>> dequeued causing one test to interfere with the next.
>>
>> --Rafael
>
> If the cleanBoker/delete was done before the super.setUp() call then
> the broker would not be running so it should't be a problem.

Possibly, but cleanBroker() isn't really meant to be used that way, and
it invalidates the test anyways. You really shouldn't have to clean for
the test to pass. As I said, I'm pretty sure if the test is failing when
persistence is enabled it's pointing to an actual bug.

--Rafael

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org