qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Ritchie <ritch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Multiple broker control in QpidTestCase (was Re: svn commit: r791954 - /qpid/trunk/qpid/java/systests/src/main/java/org/apache/qpid/test/utils/FailoverBaseCase.java)
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 14:50:00 GMT
2009/7/8 Rafael Schloming <rafaels@redhat.com>:
> Aidan Skinner wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 2:35 PM, Rafael Schloming<rafaels@redhat.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Yes, especially if it would make the java profiles stop dumping things
>>> like
>>> derby.log and derbyDB outside the build dir. ;)
>>
>> I thought I'd beaten that out of DerbyMessageStore. Are you still
>> seeing that running with java-derby?
>
> It's definitely dumping derby.log into the root of the tree. It's possible
> that the derbyDB dir was leftover from a while back. I've removed it and
> will let you know if it reappears.

We have the ability to load a java broker configuration and modify it.
I would argue that we don't need a --data-dir option but simply need
to load the configuraiton file and set the work property to be the
value that would be set for --data-dir.

The config-systest-derby.xml just needs to have the environment-path
setup so it writes its files there by default rather than defaulting
to up QPID_WORK from the system properties.

This brings me back to the Change in DerbyMessageStore to pick up
QPID_WORK directly which I don't agree this is correct. if the
environment path is not set for Derby then the broker should fail to
start up.

Martin

> --Rafael

> Project:      http://qpid.apache.org