qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Aidan Skinner <aidan.skin...@gmail.com>
Subject Multiple broker control in QpidTestCase (was Re: svn commit: r791954 - /qpid/trunk/qpid/java/systests/src/main/java/org/apache/qpid/test/utils/FailoverBaseCase.java)
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 12:52:51 GMT
On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 12:57 PM, Rafael Schloming<rafaels@redhat.com> wrote:
> Martin Ritchie wrote:

>> Agreed, Though I think cleanBroker() needs to be improved as it would
>> be good to have the ablity to delete a data set from one of the
>> non-running brokers (Meaning we have other brokers running in the
>> test). I was thinking of a cluster test scenario where you stop broker
>> B and need to ensure it has no current data before you start it up
>> again and veify that it regains the cluster state. Not that we have
>> clustering in the Java code yet, but given that we can stop and start
>> any number of brokers via our tests we should think about how we can
>> clear a broker's data directories.
>
> I do agree it would be nice to have a base test case that provides tests
> with explicit control over starting, stoping, and cleaning brokers. The
> current cleanBroker() really wasn't intended to be used outside of the way
> it currently is inside of QpidTestCase. (In fact it should probably be
> private.)

Which nicely brings us back to the thing I was trying to address when
I started making these changes in the first place - Failover tests
need to be able to start and stop two brokers with stores.
PeristentStoreTest also needs to do something similar.

I'm not sure how I feel about the cleaning the store between each run
thing, having options for both is probably handy.

- Aidan

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org