qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Gaspary <dgasp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Delphi wrapper for qpid
Date Sat, 08 Aug 2009 18:56:53 GMT
On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 3:27 PM, Robert Greig<robert.j.greig@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have never developed in Delphi, but as I understand it Delphi has
> very strong COM support. Are you developing a COM wrapper for the Qpid
> client that can in turn be used in Delphi? Or some other
> Delphi-specific component?
>
> RG

I was wandering using QPid with Delphi and Freepascal(for Linux), so
is not possible to use COM (I believe).

The idea is to translate the main C header files to a Freepascal.
Rewrite it as freepascal compatible function entries and types.

The wrapper would access the Qpid dll(.so for Linux). Maybe is
possible to staticly link with the .o .

I have no experience creating bindings and have to study about all that. :)

   Daniel

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org