qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Huston" <shus...@riverace.com>
Subject RE: Plugging in SQL-based stores
Date Wed, 07 Oct 2009 15:39:45 GMT
Hi Jonathan,

The way this has shaped up (and I'll be posting code soon) is that
there are two layers of plug-in: the portable store and the
storage-specific backend. The portable store offers an option to
select the backend, validates requests from the broker, and directs
the recovery; the backend knows the storage layout and manages it. Any
kind of storage can plug into the backend, SQL or otherwise.

-Steve

> David Ingham wrote:
> > The way Steve is approaching the SQL-based store is to
> separate out common code, that would apply to all SQL-based
> stores, from the specifics of a particular database
> implementation. We're focusing on Microsoft SQL Server
> initially but the hope is that it would be straightforward to
> plug in another database, such as SQLite. Thanks to Carl and
> the Red Hat guys for providing the original BDB code that was
> used as the basis of this work.
> >
> > Dave.

self-contained.