qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Robie <jonathan.ro...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: can't config a fanout exchange]
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 15:22:14 GMT
Robert Godfrey wrote:
> The fundamental problem (IMHO) is that queue and exchange configuration is
> ill-suited to being in a hand editable config file.  My understanding is
> that the C++ broker stores this info in a database and you use tools to
> manage it.

I think there are advantages to a human-readable representation that is
easily exchanged and easily changed. I think that file could be designed
better, either in XML or in some other format (e.g. Google Protocol
Buffers).

> Anyway - for the moment I suggest we just make queue and exchange
> consistent(ly ugly) ... pending a more thorough fixing of the Java Broker
> configuration...

My vote would be to use names as data, not as metadata, in the short
term fix ;->

Jonathan

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org