qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Ritchie <ritch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: can't config a fanout exchange]
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 10:48:25 GMT
2009/9/30 Jonathan Robie <jonathan.robie@redhat.com>:
> Martin Ritchie wrote:
>>
>> Indeed and it makes it very difficult it validate, AIUI XML parsers
>> can't validate XML with dynamicly created elements.
>>
>> How does the CPP broker do it.. starting to make steps to move towards
>> a single configuration file format would be great.
>>

> The CPP broker uses .conf files with name=value, not XML.
>
> Is anyone pushing to move that to XML? I think most people are pretty happy
> with the current format.

I wasn't suggesting that XML should the file format. I seem to
remember opening this can a while ago but we never made a decision on
what to do. I think there would need to be a compeling reason to
change the format used by both brokers. Having configuration that is
useable by both would be a good goal for the project.

Martin

> Jonathan

> Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Martin Ritchie