qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: can't config a fanout exchange]
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 13:10:02 GMT
The root of this problem in the Java Broker stems from the fact that we try
to use Commons Configuration in a way that would work both with a properties
file style, and an XML style...

Originally this was all done positionally, but didn't work too well when
some objects were optional.  Right now the code seems to be looking for a
subset of configuration based on a positional syntax which is valid for
getting individual elements but may not be valid for subsets...

The fundamental problem (IMHO) is that queue and exchange configuration is
ill-suited to being in a hand editable config file.  My understanding is
that the C++ broker stores this info in a database and you use tools to
manage it.

Anyway - for the moment I suggest we just make queue and exchange
consistent(ly ugly) ... pending a more thorough fixing of the Java Broker
configuration...

-- Rob