qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java Client failes to close 0-10 connection after protocol negotiation
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 12:16:15 GMT
2009/10/5 Rafael Schloming <rafaels@redhat.com>

> Martin Ritchie wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm just trying to understand the java client protocol negotication code.
>>
>> As I understand it we attempt to connect 0-10 first and the java
>> broker replies saying 0-9 which we then use to connect using Mina.
>>
>> However, does the 0-10 IoReceiver/IoSender Connection/socket actually
>> get closed?
>>
>> I'm seeing the BrokerStartupTest fail because the previous test is
>> logging DEBUG IoReceive Connection closed logs in to the log run of
>> the next test.
>>
>> See below for log.
>>
>> Now perhaps it is the fault of the Java Broker, should it close the
>> socket after replying with the supported protocol versions?
>> Should the client ensure that it has closed the socket?
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>

> Strictly speaking I'd say both are responsible for closing it, i.e. neither
> side should depend on the other side closing the socket first in order to
> accomplish it's cleanup.

Agreed... the issue for the Java Broker (IIRC) was that MINA wasn't being
cooperative would close the socket before all the commands that were
buffered had been sent... thus the broker deliberately relies on the client
to do the closing...  Obviously not ideal, and would be nice to fix as part
of the upcoming IO work...

-- Rob