qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Trunk Checkins until final 0.6 release
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2009 15:06:54 GMT
On Thu, 2009-12-03 at 09:09 +0000, Martin Ritchie wrote:
> 2009/12/3 Carl Trieloff <cctrieloff@redhat.com>:
> > Andrew Stitcher wrote:
> >>
> >> As we are now locking the tree down for release I propose that all trunk
> >> checkins should have a valid Jira number attached.
> >>
> >> Additionally, at this point I'd recommend that people think twice about
> >> all checkins and only make checkins that are low risk or fix
> >> blocker/critical bugs for the 0.6 release.
> >>
> >> If the release process becomes protracted for some reason we can
> >> reconsider this.
> >>
> >> Do I need to request a formal vote?
> >
> > no vote needed, you are the release manager :-)

I think the authority there is really about what goes in the release,
not about what is checked, so I have full authority to branch and revert
stuff I think shouldn't be in the release before releasing. However I
believe that our running of the repository is more cooperative.

> > Carl.
>
> That said a little notice would have been nice.

Well consider this a polite request, with a 2 week warning that I'll get
serious at that point assuming the release seems stable (or if it gets
destabilised by checkins in the meantime).

> I have some review changes for logging (1992,2001) that I'll be
> commiting shortly, JIRA based, I've tagged them fix for 0.6.

At this point I'm requesting circumspection in checkins combined with
Jiras for every checkin - so excercise best judgement.

Andrew

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org