qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Release 0.6rc1 now in progress: trunk now frozen; tag created
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2009 18:49:12 GMT
I'm now in the process of cutting the Release candidate for the 0.6
release. This implies a few things:

1. The trunk is now frozen for all checkins except blockers. Obviously
you'll need to include the Jira reference to the blocker in your checkin
comment

2. So any other changes will be reverted as soon as I find them.

3. I want to vote on releasing within 2 weeks. So we can unfreeze and
branch the release then. If the release process goes longer than that we
should branch anyway.

4. If you're doing work that you that you want to get in everyone's view
(and you should want all of your work like that!) I suggest you create a
branch from the tag I've created for the candidate release and work on
that branch. This tag is:  ... tags/0.6rc1 .

5. I'd suggest that people create individual topic branches to work on,
but I'm open to someone just creating a single "shadow trunk" if people
will prefer that.

6. I offer to merge any branch changes to the mainline after branching
for release, if people would find that difficult to do themselves (I'll
use git to do this as it's tools are far superior to those of svn).

Regards

Andrew

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org