qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject RE: Release numbering suggestion
Date Tue, 22 Dec 2009 18:38:42 GMT
On Tue, 2009-12-22 at 18:24 +0000, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> I would be for this if we move to major.minor.micro versions. That would let us e.g.
tag trunk as 0.6.X following the 0.6 branch then go with 0.7.0 for our next release.

I think in practice 0.6.x is already what we do in terms of scm tags.
However re actual embedded release versions we have to use actual
numeric values, at least for autotools we do - so I assume this is a
requirement.

But perhaps I didn't exactly understand what you are suggesting.

Andrew

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org