qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Rafael Schloming <rafa...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Interop issue btw Java and new python client
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 00:37:24 GMT
Rajith Attapattu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A minor interop issue happens due to the java "test/plain" content
> type not being handled properly in the new python client API.
> The python client expects the encoding along with the content type,
> while the java client just specifies the content type.
>
> The following patch is a workaround.
> The patch defaults to utf8 if the charset is not specified for content
> type "text/plain".
> However not not sure if it's the right solution.

Good catch. I think I need to make the lookup process a bit smarter so
that it a) properly parses content types rather than doing a simple
lookup, and b) takes into account the value of the content-encoding header.

This does leave open the question of what to do when the value specified
in the mime type and the content-encoding header don't actually match.

Feel free to commit the workaround. I'll add the more complete fix to my
todo list.

--Rafael

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org