qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Robie <jonathan.ro...@redhat.com>
Subject Move documentation to svn / DocBook?
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 22:13:23 GMT
I would like to have documentation that can be versioned, corresponding
to our releases, so that it's easy to identify the documentation that
corresponds to a given release.

I would like to have documentation that is available in either HTML or PDF.

What would you think of using the Wiki for proposals and initial
information that is later moved into the documentation?

What would you think of using DocBook for the documentation itself? I'm
not suggesting using DocBook for the main structure of the web site,
just for documentation.

I've had several people approach me, suggesting this might be a good
approach. How do people who are actually writing documentation feel
about this?

Jonathan

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org