qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Robie <jonathan.ro...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Move documentation to svn / DocBook?
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 22:33:25 GMT
On 12/01/2009 05:18 PM, Steve Huston wrote:
>> I would like to have documentation that is available in
>> either HTML or PDF.
>>
> Or others maybe?

Absolutely. Here's a nice long list:

http://wiki.docbook.org/topic/formats

And you can develop stylesheets for formats that are missing.

>> What would you think of using the Wiki for proposals and initial
>> information that is later moved into the documentation?
>>
> JIRA?

Yes - a very good way to do this.

> I'm not familiar with DocBook... Can you please explain a bit or point
> to more info?

DocBook uses XML for source documentation, and converts it to various
formats using XSLT. An awful lot of technical documentation is done in
DocBook.

Here's a good starting point:

http://wiki.docbook.org/topic/FrontPage

I'd say DocBook is the most widely used XML format for technical writing.

Jonathan

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org