qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Robie <jonathan.ro...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Move documentation to svn / DocBook?
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 16:30:15 GMT
On 12/02/2009 07:31 AM, Rafael Schloming wrote:
> In the spirit of getting this done quickly I think it makes sense to
> do this in two steps. First get the current content translated into
> SVN so that the output matches what we currently have on the website,
> and then worry about refining the organization/structure/source-layout
> later. I'd hate to see the former stall on a discussion of the latter.

A lot of what is on the web site involves design notes or descriptions
of earlier states - I'd like to focus on things that describe how the
existing release actually works, and ignore the rest.

Ideally, I'd like to improve the organization when moving to DocBook,
but in the first take, I think we need to identify the most important
documents and focus on them. Currently, I don't think we really have a
set of documentation for each broker, or a tutorial for the client APIs.
But these seem like the most crucial documentation to start with.

A "first take" on the documentation for each broker might simply contain
the information pointed to in
http://qpid.apache.org/amqp-messaging-broker-implemented-in-c.html and
http://qpid.apache.org/amqp-messaging-broker-implemented-in-java.html.
But I'd like to see each of these quickly get better organized.

What else would you like to see in svn? A priority list would be good.

Jonathan

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org