qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Move documentation to svn / DocBook?
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2009 17:55:39 GMT
On 12/02/2009 12:11 PM, Rafael Schloming wrote:
> Jonathan Robie wrote:
>>
>> Re: API docs
>>
>> I think the generated C++ and epydoc documentation should be kept in
>> their current formats. I'd like to check in the generated
>> documentation, and point to that from the web site, so it is always up
>> to date. Any objections to this?
>
> I'm +1 on keeping the current formats for api-docs, however I don't
> think we should check in generated content as it can get out of date.

I'd suggest just generating the API docs from trunk sources onto the website
periodically. We can generate docs for specific releases separately and include
them in the distribution bundle and on the website. Agree with Rafi, no need to
check them in, we already check in the code that they are generated from.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org