qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Robie <jonathan.ro...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Prototype for our website
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2009 13:27:19 GMT
On 12/04/2009 06:44 AM, Rafael Schloming wrote:
> Robbie Gemmell wrote:
>> I like the direction your taking with that. Whilst not exactly my
>> preferred colour choices (big fan of white background for content, not
>> so keen on brown'ish colours in general), as its infinitely more
>> pleasing to the eye than our existing site I could totally overlook
>> that ;)
>>
>> I would definitely like to see a new design in place for the 0.6
>> release, even if for nothing other than the front page...first
>> impressions and all that.
>
> +1
>
> I have to agree on the nit about the brown colors, but even so, it
> definitely looks many orders of magnitude better than what we have.
> Nice work!

I agree. And I think static HTML really is best for the main page, and
for the navigation pages.

Two nits:

The word "Introduction" could be replaced by something more specific.

We really should not call these brokers "Java Broker
<http://people.apache.org/%7Erajith/qpid/#>" and "C++ Broker
(Linux/Windows) <http://people.apache.org/%7Erajith/qpid/#>", that
implies that they are for messaging in a specific language environment.

Jonathan