qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [c++ cluster] User doc for persistent clusters.
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2009 21:35:16 GMT
On 12/11/2009 03:59 PM, Sandy Pratt wrote:

> [...]
manual intervention to enable restart from a full cluster crash?  I'm eager to kick the tires.

Basically it amounts to picking the "best" store and marking it clean by putting
a UUID in <data_dir>/cluster/shutdown.uuid, i.e. pretend it was shut down cleanly.

I'm working on providing some help to identify the "best" store and ultimately
hope to provide a tool for doing all this a bit more automatically. It will
probably mean running the tool on the data-directory of each cluster member
initially which is a pain - assumes remote logins or shared file systems.

I'd like to find a way to do this from one location without assuming shared
filesystems or remote logins. There was a suggestion that if there's a total
faliure the brokers come up in "admin mode" where they don't accept any clients
except an admin tool. The brokers would collect the info needed to pick the
clean store and mark it clean driven remotely by the admin tool. Does this sound
like a good direction, or do you have any other suggestions on how to approach this?

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org