qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Clustering qpid without multicast?
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2009 21:39:03 GMT
On 12/11/2009 03:26 PM, Robert Greig wrote:
> 2009/12/11 Carl Trieloff<cctrieloff@redhat.com>:
>
>> Clustering requires multicast,  however you can setup a second broker and
>> use queue replication
>> to create a mirror for DR if that meets your requirements.
>
> It would be good to be able to support clustering without multicast
> (not just for EC2). Would other toolkits that claim to support virtual
> synchrony with unicast (as well as multicast) be suitable as
> replacements for openais? e.g. Spread http://www.spread.org

Currently the assumption of CPG is baked into qpidd but in principle we could
abstract the virtual synchrony layer and allow other another VS engine to plug
in. I've only worked with CPG to date so I don't have a good handle on how big
are the API differences might be so hard to say how much work it would be.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org