qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Rafael Schloming <rafa...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Committership Criteria
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2009 17:48:34 GMT
Rafael Schloming wrote:
> As there have been no comments or questions on the discussion thread,
> I'm going to move this to a vote:
>
> Qualities we look for:
>
>   - A candidate must demonstrate an understanding of how our project
>     is structured and how we work.
>
>   - A candidate must communicate openly about work planned/in-progress.
>
>   - A candidate must demonstrate expertise in a significant area of
>     the existing code base.
>
>   - A candidate must demonstrate an extended commitment to the
>     project.
>
> Tests for these qualities:
>
>   - contacting the right team members to discuss changes
>
>   - actively soliciting feedback for significant changes or new
>     development
>
>   - multiple independent contributions over a period of several months
>
>   - sponsorship by someone who has worked directly with the candidate
>     reviewing and committing patches
>
>   - detailed positive feedback from those who have worked directly
>     with the candidate
>
>   - a record of patches that maintain or improve the quality of the
>     code without the need for feedback or rework

14 Binding +1 Votes:
   Rob Godfrey
   Rafael Schloming
   Kim van der Reit
   Steve Huston
   Robert Greig
   Rajith Attapattu
   Jonathan Robie
   Ted Ross
   Martin Ritchie
   Alan Conway
   Robbie Gemmell
   Aidan Skinner
   Marnie McCormack
   Nuno Santos

2 Non-Binding +1 Votes:
   Andrew Stitcher
   Sam Joyce

Gordon Sim commented that the first quality should be clarified.
Mick Goulish voted +1 with the caveat that the first quality should be
clarified/removed.

There were no zero or -1 votes.

I believe this passes. I'm not sure what the official rules are around
the caveats, but I'm happy to work to clarify the first quality either way.

--Rafael

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org