qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Rafael Schloming <rafa...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Release 0.6rc1 now in progress: trunk now frozen; tag created
Date Sat, 19 Dec 2009 14:33:27 GMT
Andrew Stitcher wrote:
> I'm now in the process of cutting the Release candidate for the 0.6
> release. This implies a few things:.
>
> 1. The trunk is now frozen for all checkins except blockers. Obviously
> you'll need to include the Jira reference to the blocker in your checkin
> comment
>
> 2. So any other changes will be reverted as soon as I find them.
>
> 3. I want to vote on releasing within 2 weeks. So we can unfreeze and
> branch the release then. If the release process goes longer than that we
> should branch anyway.
>
> 4. If you're doing work that you that you want to get in everyone's view
> (and you should want all of your work like that!) I suggest you create a
> branch from the tag I've created for the candidate release and work on
> that branch. This tag is:  ... tags/0.6rc1 .
>
> 5. I'd suggest that people create individual topic branches to work on,
> but I'm open to someone just creating a single "shadow trunk" if people
> will prefer that.
>
> 6. I offer to merge any branch changes to the mainline after branching
> for release, if people would find that difficult to do themselves (I'll
> use git to do this as it's tools are far superior to those of svn).

What's your feeling on doc-only changes? I've been updating the api-doc
for the python messaging API. I'm happy to hold off if you prefer, but
if there does happen to be a respin it would be nice to get the updated
docs in, and obviously it is very low risk as it doesn't actually touch
any of the code, just the doc strings.

--Rafael

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org