qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Manuel Teira <mte...@tid.es>
Subject Re: qpid 0.6rc2 Solaris Build Failures
Date Wed, 23 Dec 2009 20:42:44 GMT
El 23/12/2009 21:06, Riggs, Rob escribió:
> So far I have been unable to build qpidc-0.6rc2 on Solaris 10 SPARC with either the Sun
compiler or GCC.

> With Sun Studio&  Boost 1.33.1, configure is forcing "-lstlport4" which I cannot
use.  I require "-lCstd".  I certainly do not blame anyone for requiring -lstlport.  Cstd
is a (to put it nicely) rather non-compliant.  Unfortunately, I am required to use it when
building with Sun Studio.

This is actually required by boost. No way to build it using Cstd, as
far as I know.
> With GCC, it's a different story.
>
> GCC 4.3.2
> Boost 1.38
> CXXFLAGS=-m64 -Wno-error
>
> Autoconf/gmake build.
>
> I thought I saw a comment on one of the lists that ECFPoller was broken, but I later
could not find it, nor could I find a JIRA ticket for it.  Is this a known issue?

> libtool: compile:  g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include -I. -I=. -Werror
-pedantic -Wall -Wextra -Wno-shadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wno-long-long
-Wvolatile-register-var -Winvalid-pch -Wno-system-headers -Woverloaded-virtual -DQPID_EXEC_DIR=\"/vol/devel1/rriggs/qpid-0.6rc2-root/libexec/qpid\"
-I/usr/local/boost/boost_1_38_0_gcc4/include -L/usr/local/boost/boost_1_38_0_gcc4/lib/sparcv9
-m64 -Wno-error -MT qpid/sys/solaris/ECFPoller.lo -MD -MP -MF qpid/sys/solaris/.deps/ECFPoller.Tpo
-c qpid/sys/solaris/ECFPoller.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC -o qpid/sys/solaris/.libs/ECFPoller.o
> qpid/sys/solaris/ECFPoller.cpp:222: error: no 'void qpid::sys::Poller::addFd(qpid::sys::PollerHandle&,
qpid::sys::Poller::Direction)' member function declared in class 'qpid::sys::Poller'
> qpid/sys/solaris/ECFPoller.cpp:245: error: no 'void qpid::sys::Poller::delFd(qpid::sys::PollerHandle&)'
member function declared in class 'qpid::sys::Poller'
> qpid/sys/solaris/ECFPoller.cpp:261: error: no 'void qpid::sys::Poller::modFd(qpid::sys::PollerHandle&,
qpid::sys::Poller::Direction)' member function declared in class 'qpid::sys::Poller'
> qpid/sys/solaris/ECFPoller.cpp:276: error: no 'void qpid::sys::Poller::rearmFd(qpid::sys::PollerHandle&)'
member function declared in class 'qpid::sys::Poller'
> gmake[3]: *** [qpid/sys/solaris/ECFPoller.lo] Error 1

This is due to changes in the polling code. Unfortunately,  the ecf
solaris poller was not adapted to be kept in sync with them. I expect to
have time again to dedicate to this project: refactoring of the ecf
poller and validation of the new cmake building infrastructure are the
first items in my list.

Best regards.

> This e-mail and files transmitted with it are confidential, and are intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise have reason
to believe that you received this message in error, please immediately notify sender by e-mail,
and destroy the original message. Thank You.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org