qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Ritchie <ritch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: First Qpid 0.6 Beta Release available for download and testing
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2009 15:34:44 GMT
Hi Andrew,

I've updated the 0.6 Relese page with another JIRA filter showing all
other unresolved JIRAs tagged Fix For : 0.6. These should be resolved
or migrated to Affects 0.6 and the fix for cleared.

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/0.6+Release

Martin

2009/12/3 Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemmell@gmail.com>:
> The reason there are multiple 'eclipse-plugin' artifacts is that it
> isnt actually just an Eclipse plugin, but actually a full Eclipse RCP
> application and the launcher and SWT code for these is platform
> specific. The artifacts are generated from the
> management/eclipse-plugin module, which is just an Eclipse RCP plugin,
> hence its name.
>
> I know this has also confused for a couple of users in the past, so I
> would be in favour of updating the release artifact names, Eg:
> qpid-jmx-management-console-0.6-linux-gtk-x86.tar.gz instead of
> qpid-management-eclipse-plugin-0.6-linux-gtk-x86.tar.gz
>
> What do people think?
>
> Robbie
>
> 2009/12/3 Andrew Stitcher <astitcher@redhat.com>:
>
> <snip>
>
>> Deficiencies:
>>
>> I've removed the separate dotnet package from the release as it doesn't
>> build for me using the release script. More about this separately.
>>
>> I've not packaged the wcf code separately as I've no idea how it should
>> look and I doubt I could build it under Linux anyway.
>>
>> I'm concerned there appear to be 5 13Mb eclipse plugins labelled for
>> various platforms - is this really necessary - it certainly took a long
>> time to upload and constitutes a large amount of space.
>>

> </snip>

> Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Martin Ritchie

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org