qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Ritchie <ritch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Java InVM test exclusion using Ant test profiles
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2009 11:44:49 GMT
2009/12/8 Robert Godfrey <rob.j.godfrey@gmail.com>:
> 2009/12/8 Martin Ritchie <ritchiem@apache.org>
>
>> 2009/12/7 Rajith Attapattu <rajith77@gmail.com>:
>> and
>> standalone,
>> at
>> >
>> > Yes that was the initial approach.
>> > However I also believe we need to have excludes per protocol version as
>> well.
>> > We would need to continue to run the 0-8 test profile for quite some
>> > time as we have those systems in production.
>> >
>> > As I outlined in my email I think it's reasonable to assume the
>> > default profile is all tests that can be run with the in-vm broker.
>> > Since the Java broker supports both 0-8 and 0-10 I assume both types
>> > of test can be run against the broker during a single run?
>>
>> All protocols can be tested on a single run but InVM currently only
>> supports 0-8/9
>>

> We should work out a way of enabling 0-10 inVM runs also... should certainly
> be possible with a bit of work I would think...

Yeah should be do able but there are now quite a few broker classes
required, to setup the protocol, it is just much more awkward. The
Enum for the supported versions jumps to mind, give the
TransportConnection class is in the client package so can't directly
reference the broker.

Martin

--
Martin Ritchie